Our client, a non-political, non-governmental organization is currently recruiting to fill the below vacant position:
Job Title: Head, Investment & Economic Development
Reports to: Manager, Operations & Strategy
We are looking for a vibrant and eloquent individual with a strong bias for research, data gathering and analytical thinking. The individual must possess effective communication skills both oral and written as the job involves a lot of public speaking.
Performs a variety of administrative, technical and professional work in preparation and implementation of Economic Development plans, programmes and services.
Responsible for working closely with the Ministries of Economic Planning and related Departments and Agencies across the selected Region, in promoting the business and economic development interests within the community.
Working with all noted departments in providing guidance to individuals and companies to establish, relocate, or expand their businesses within the selected economic space.
Reports to the Operations Manager.
- Directs economic development initiatives to achieve the goals and objectives outlined by the Regional Economic Development Plan when fully operational.
- Provides assistance in the development of short and long term economic and Regional development plans.
- Gathering of information and preparation of studies, reports and recommendations to achieve such goals.
- Preparation of quarterly economic studies and information on areas such as taxes, transportation, financing tools and incentives to small and medium scale entrepreneurs, in order to respond to requests for information from potential investors for Economic Development purposes and coordination with departments and agencies across the Region.
- Provides professional economic and evidence based advise at all times.
- Maintains a strong liaison with various Local, State and Federal Agencies.
- Monitors legislation and regulations relating to Economic Development and its impact on the Region.
- Maintains strong working relationships with the business community, business/finance media and other related partners.
- Attends professional development workshops and conferences to keep abreast of trends and developments in the field of Economic Development and fiscal sustainability.
- Represents the interests of DAWN Commission on all matters related to investment and Economic Development.
- Must hold a PHD in Economic related discipline,
- Minimum of five (5) years post qualification experience in relevant field
How to Apply
Applicants should send their applications and CVs to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copy of Curriculum Vitae can also be submitted in person to the address below:
Jetheights Services Limited
9, Animashaun street, Opp Teju Specialist Hospital, Ajeigbe junction,
Off ring road, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria
For more information, call 07031723853, 09062470413 and 08032855176.
Application Deadline: 15th May, 2018
You may be interested
Gboyega Oyetola Appoints Comrade Awa Bamiji On His Campaign TeamPH - August 17, 2018
The All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate for the September 18 governorship election in Osun State, Gboyega Oyetola, has appointed Comrade…
Fed Govt Commences Demographic Health SurveyPH - August 17, 2018
The Federal Government in collaboration with international technical partners have commenced the 2018 Nigeria Demographic and Health Survey (NDHS). The…