in

UPDATE: UK Police Confirm No Action Will Be Taken Over The Death Of Rail Worker Who Died Of Coronavirus

Police has confirmed no action will be taken over the death of Belly Mujinga, the London Victoria station worker who died of Coronavirus after no evidence was found that someone spat at her.

 

Belly Mujinga, 47, died in April after being hospitalised with COVID-19, following an alleged incident involving a male passenger at London’s Victoria Station.

 

The Transport Salaried Staffs Association said a person claiming to have the virus spat and coughed at her and a colleague back in March.

 

The British Transport Police (BTP) interviewed a 57-year-old man in connection with the incident, but have announced that they are not taking ‘any further action’ because he tested negative in an antibody test.

 

The force said there was no evidence of anyone spitting in a new statement released on Saturday.

 

The statement said: ‘We understand that the tragic death of Belly Mujinga has shocked many people and that the outcome of our investigation has raised questions.

 

‘Senior detectives are confident that this incident did not lead to Belly Mujinga contracting Covid-19.

 

‘This is because the man in the CCTV footage who detectives interviewed as part of the investigation had a negative antibody test result for Covid-19 in the time after the incident, therefore showing that he had never had the illness.

 

‘The man’s test did not relate to the BTP investigation – he was tested as part of his occupation and the test results were shared with us during the investigation.

 

‘Having reviewed all the evidence, senior detectives are satisfied that the incident didn’t lead to Belly Mujinga’s death.

 

‘We have kept Belly’s family fully informed throughout the investigation and they will continue to be supported by specialist officers.

 

‘Our thoughts remain with her family and we will continue to support them as they come to terms with the loss of their much-loved mother and wife.’

 

Mujinga leaves behind her 11-year-old daughter and husband Lusamba Katalay, 60, who has now been forced to ‘accept’ his wife’s death because of a lack of evidence.

 

 

The 60-year-old told The Sun: ‘I feel frustrated that after being told that there was CCTV footage, I now discover that the spitting incident – verified by Belly and her colleague with her at the time – wasn’t captured on camera.

 

He added: ‘I’m told that all they can see is them with the man in question but not anything that can be used as evidence.

 

‘This has left the police in the difficult position of not being able to pursue a prosecution against the man who I still believe did this to my family.’

Loading...

READ  BREAKING: Driver Crashes Car Into Barriers Outside U.K. Parliament

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Young Lady Caught Stealing At A Shop She Previously Stole From In Warri (Video)

Top Referee, Slavko Vincic Reacts After He Was Arrested During Prostitution And Drug Raid