Senate Rejects Buhari’s NPC Nominee Over Certificate Scandal
The Nigerian Senate on Thursday rejected a commissioner-nominee for the National Population Commission (NPC).
Dr. Abdul Malik Mohammed Durnnguwa was the only one out of the 23 nominees of President Muhammadu Buhari who was not cleared.
The Senate explained that Durnnguwa’s West African Examination Council (WAEC) certificate was questionable.
According to Senator Suleiman Hunkuyi, “Dr. Abdul Malik Mohammed Durnnguwa’s nomination was stood down due to questionable certificates.”
In his contribution, Senator Ali Ndume, said: “When you have questionable certifications, it is the duty of the Committee to verify.”
On his part, Senator Gumel Abdullahi noted that, “My concern is whether he took WAEC and passed.”
Durnnguwa’s nomination was referred back to the committee on National Population for further action.
Those confirmed are as follows:
- Dr. Clifford T. O Zirra
- Dr. Chidi Christopher Ezeoke mni
- Barr. Isa Audu Buratai
- Navy Captain Charles Iyam Ogwa
- Okereke Darlington Onuabuchi
- Mr. A.d. Olusegun Aiyejina
- Ejike Ezeh
- Hon. Abubakar Mohammed Danburam
- Prof. Uba S. F. Nnabue
- Suleiman Ismaila Lawal
- Prof. Jimoh Habibat Isah
- Dr. Sa’adu Ayinla Alanamu
- Nasir Isa Kwarra
- Barr. Aliyu Datti
- Yeye (Mrs.) Seyi Adereinokun Olusanya
- Prince (Dr.) Olanadiran Garvey Iyantan
- Senator Mudasiru Oyetunde Hussain
- Mrs. Cecillia Arsun Dapoet
- Dr. Ipalibo Macdonald Harry
- Sale S. Saany
- Sir Richard Odibo
- Nwanne Nwabuisi