Nigerian Newspapers: 10 Things You Need To Know This Monday Morning
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. At least, five soldiers were reportedly killed and two others kidnapped after suspected herdsmen clashed with some personnel in Logo LGA of Benue State on Sunday.
The attackers also burnt down Army patrol vehicles during the encounter, which also left many soldiers injured.
The Chairman, House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Mr. Abdulrazak Namdas, assured that by Wednesday this week, the budget would have been sent to the President.
3. The Peoples Democratic Party has accused President Muhammadu Buhari of superintending over a corrupt fuel subsidy regime.
4. The Presidency on Sunday said the implication of re-electing a Peoples Democratic Party government in 2019 was that all the loot so far recovered from the members of the party and their cronies would be returned to them.
It said that was the thrust of the “change the change” campaign the PDP had been embarking on without defining exactly what it meant.
5. Troops of 1 Brigade, Nigerian Army, Sokoto, who are involved in ‘Operation IDON RAINI’ in Zamfara State said they have killed three bandits at Danmaijiya village in Maru Local Government Council.
The troops, according to the Assistant Director, Army Public Relations, Major Clement Abiade, encountered the bandits during clearance operations in Mahalu and Danmaijiya villages of Dansadau District during the weekend.
6. Some bandits in the early hours of Sunday stormed Manganda village, in Birnin-Gwari Local Government Area of Kaduna State and abducted three women.
The three women were said to be the wives of one Alhaji Adamu Nakwana, a businessman in the village.
7. The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has alerted Nigerians that the APC Federal Government is plotting to assassinate him in a crowd and claim accidental discharge.
The governor, who spoke during the third anniversary thanksgiving service of the Wike administration at Living Faith Church in D-Line, Port Harcourt on Sunday, said intelligence report available to them indicated that there were plots to assassinate him in a crowd and claim it was accidental discharge.
8. A chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Timi Frank, has written an open letter to President Muhammadu Buhari, where he apologised to former President Goodluck Jonathan and lamented cases of corruption, battered economy, killings, hunger and injustice under the current administration.
Frank, who is a former Deputy National Publicity Secretary of APC, in the open letter released on Sunday in Abuja, titled: “Open letter to President Muhammadu Buhari on the state of the nation,” said government has shown total disdain for court pronouncements and the enforcement of fundamental human rights of citizens.
9. People living with HIV/AIDS, and 11 other groups weekend in Abuja, petitioned the Minister of Health, Isaac Adewole and his Labour and Employment counterpart, Senator Chris Ngige raising alarm that the ongoing health workers strike was worsening their situations.
They threatened to hold both Ministers accountable for any death of members or any other negative consequences the protracted industrial action would have on their lives or treatment
10. Five persons have been arrested by men of the Ondo State Police Command for allegedly raping two female teenagers in the Odoside area of Ondo town, OndoState.
The state police command spokesperson, Mr. Femi Joseph, said that the suspects tortured and raped the victims after which they allegedly recorded the scene in a video which they posted on the Internet.
You may be interested
Outrage as Couple Swear Blood Covenant in Order to Remain Loyal. [Photos/Video]MT - June 19, 2018
While many are running away from blood covenant due to its very damning implication(s), a couple have decided to trend…
Olubadan and Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive in Ibadan. PhotosMT - June 19, 2018
The Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Saliu Akanmu Adetunji and members of the Olubadan -In- Council, turned obas have disagreed on the…
Don’t Come Back Home If You Lose To Nigeria, Maradona Warns Argentina CoachMT - June 19, 2018
Diego Maradona suggested that Argentina coach Jorge Sampaoli find a new country to call home if his charges continue to…