Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Zamfara State Police Command has confirmed the death of seven persons in fresh attack by gunmen of Gidan-Labbo village in Gidan-Goga district of Maradun local government area of the state.
Police Public Relations Officer in the State, Muhammad Shehu told newsmen on Sunday that the gunmen, on Friday, attacked people of Gidan Labbo village at Malikawa Forest while the victims were clearing their farm lands to prepare for this year’s rainy season.
2. Prelate of the Methodist Church of Nigeria, Kalu Uche, has declared that Christians should vote against religious bigots, tribalists and looters in 2019.
Uche, who said he alone can mobilize two million Methodist faithfuls, asserted that he was already talking to the Pentecostals, Catholics and other Christian faithful ahead of the 2019 election.
3. The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB, is set to conduct a recruitment test for the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC).
The board’s Head, Media and Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin, said that the patronage by FRSC resulted from the success the board recorded in the recent conduct of recruitment test for the police.
4. Chairman of the Middle Belt Forum (MBF), Bala Takaya, is dead.
Report says Takaya died early on Sunday morning, at the National Hospital in Abuja, where he had been treating an undisclosed ailment.
5. The Nasarawa State Independent Electoral Commission (NASIEC) has declared candidates of All Progressives Congress (APC) as winners of Saturday’s local government election held across the state.
Henry Omaku, chairman of the electoral body, who announced the results of the polls on Sunday at the commission’s headquarters in Lafia, said that three political parties; All Progressives Congress (APC) Social Democratic Party (SDP) and Advanced Democratic Party (ADP) fielded candidates for the chairmanship election across the 13 local government areas, while 21 political parties contested for the 147 councillorship positions in the state, with the APC winning all.
6. Former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, has appointed a former governor of Ogun State, Gbenga Daniel to lead his 2019 presidential campaign in the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
In a letter, which Atiku personally signed, the ex-VP announced that Daniel will have overall responsibility for personnel, resourcing and campaign staffing.
7. President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, on Sunday visited Benue state in sympathy over incessant killings in the state.
Saraki was received Sunday afternoon by the Governor of Benue state, Chief Samuel Ortom, Chairman of All Progressive Congress in the state, Comrade Abba Yaro and other state officials.
8. The Special Assistant to the President on Social Media, Lauretta Onochie, has described ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, as the worst president Nigeria ever had.
According to her, Jonathan’s neglect of his home state, Bayelsa, and the level of deprivation there was also shameful.
9. The Igbo Youth Movement, IYM, has called on people of the South East to adhere to the sit-at-home order by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, on May 30, 2018.
IYM said apart from honouring the dead and heroes of the Nigerian/Biafra civil war, remaining indoors would also enable people of the South East to reminisce over their journey in the country they have found themselves.
10. Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, is now left with 29 players to pick for the 2018 World Cup, after Moses Simon was ruled out of the tournament.
Simon who plays for Belgian Jupiler League side, Gent, will not feature in Monday’s friendly against the Democratic Republic of Congo nor the subsequent game against England on June 2 owing to injury.
You may be interested
Buhari, Katsina Governor Meet Inside Aso RockPH - October 15, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari and the Katsina State Governor, Aminu Masari, on Monday met at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. Buhari is…
I Want All Ghanaian Fine Girls To Have A Baby For Me – Mr IbuMT - October 15, 2018
Nigerian comic actor, John Okafor aka Mr Ibu has expressed his desire to have a baby with all Ghanaian beautiful ladies. According…
BBNaija Uriel’s Brother Shares Touching Tattoo Of His Mother and UrielMT - October 15, 2018
Uriel Oputa‘s younger brother got a tattoo of his sister and their mum to honor the both of them who…