243 Views

JAMB Concludes UTME In Eight Countries

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says it has recorded a huge success in the conduct of Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) in eight countries.

The countries include United Kingdom (UK), Cameroon, Benin Republic, Côte d’Ivoire and South Africa.

The board’s Head of Media and Information Department, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, spoke in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) yesterday in Lagos.

According to him, no fewer than 297 foreign candidates participated in the 2018 UTME in the countries conducted on Saturday, under the supervision of some foreign nationals, who came to understudy the process.

Benjamin said the foreigners were elated by what they saw that an African country could achieve and sustain such a feat.

He said: “The examination was conducted yesterday in not less than eight foreign countries under the watch of some foreign nationals.

“As usual, it was well attended and very successful. All resources to ensure the smooth conduct of the examination were readily deployed by the board.

“We are indeed happy to have achieved yet another feat, especially as we had people who came around to observe and understudy the process.

“They were happy as well as impressed with what they saw on ground. We know it can only be better because we have the capacity and all it takes to move this country to the next level.”

Benjamin added: “Again, we are not just conducting the examination in these countries because of the number of candidates that indicate interest but because we also want to showcase Nigeria’s giant strides in technological advancement on the global scene.”

The board has, however, distanced itself from a purported cutoff mark being circulated in some sections of the media, saying it did not emanate from it.

Benjamin said no such cutoff mark, whether for programmes or institutions had been released by JAMB as was being speculated.

“We want to seize this medium to debunk such rumours as they are malicious and wicked as they are designed to defraud innocent Nigerians, especially parents and guardians as well as other stakeholders.

“No cutoff marks will ever be decided upon without the usual policy meeting which has been scheduled to hold sometime in June and which is to be chaired by the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu.

“Until that is done, every other thing that is being paraded as cutoff mark is fictitious and therefore, the public is hereby warned not to fall prey to these fraudsters,” Benjamin warned.

He said as a board, the management would continue to uphold standards and due process to protect the integrity of its examinations and process.

You may be interested

Bentley Is Nothing, I Will Buy a Private Jet For Jayce Next – Linda Ikeji Brags
Entertainment
9 views
Entertainment
9 views

Bentley Is Nothing, I Will Buy a Private Jet For Jayce Next – Linda Ikeji Brags

MT - September 21, 2018

Proud new mom Linda Ikeji who just bought a brand new Bentley Mulsanne for her self and her baby has disclosed that she…

Vice President, Osinbajo visits Flooded Areas in Anambra State
Metro News
4 views
Metro News
4 views

Vice President, Osinbajo visits Flooded Areas in Anambra State

PH - September 21, 2018

Vice President of Nigeria, Yemi Osinbajo, today visited some areas in Anambra State that have been affected by floods. He says “Today,…

Super Eagles Player, John Ogu’s Ex-Wife Shades Him As She Supports Wizkid’s Babymama, Shola
Entertainment
11 views
Entertainment
11 views

Super Eagles Player, John Ogu’s Ex-Wife Shades Him As She Supports Wizkid’s Babymama, Shola

MT - September 21, 2018

Super Eagles player, John Ogu’s ex-wife, Vera, has also waded into the controversy sparked by Wizkid’s babymama, Shola’s call out post, which was a major topic across…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.